Tarrafal, home to 14,000 locals and our dive center, lies approx. 70 road km's, north of Praia, at the northwest coast of Santiago, in a protected bay and under "Monte Graciosa" at 645 meters high, the small town has developed around its pretty main square and baroque church.
• Accommodations: King Fisher apartments are situated directly next to the sea. Nearby is hotel Tarrafal Residence, also situated alongside the beach. Also in Terrafal is Hotel Baia Verde, a boarding-house, Sol Marina, boarding-house Tata, boarding-house Mille Nuits, B&B pension Casa Strela and private rooms/apartments.
• Restaurant: Small restaurants are situated all around Tarrafal, with lots of fresh fish on the menu.
• Sport and free time: diving, fishing, mopeds, trekking, snorkeling, Mountain bike, Kayak, bathing
• Trips in the proximity: Move at the Serra Malagueta, migration to the lighthouse Ponta Preta, inspection of the former punishing camp "Colonia Penal de Tarrafal"
• Medical supply: Hospital ward in Tarrafal, hospitals in Praia and Assomada.
• Beaches: bright sandy beach directly in Tarrafal (sometimes at the weekend it can get busy) or in the direction of Ribera de Prata (a few kilometers away from Tarrafal) dark sand beach; both beaches with shadow through palm trees.
• Bank: It is open from Monday to Friday of 8 to 15 o'clock; it has a cash-point dispenser, removal with visa card possible (Pin number required).
• Post office: It is open from Monday to Friday of 8 to 15 o'clock.
• Market: Two times a week (Monday and Thursday) small market in Tarrafal